The beauty and wellness industry faces major challenges resulting from heightened sanitation expectations in a post COVID-19 world. Salon, spa, and med-spa guests will be cautious about maintaining social distancing and avoiding contact with frequently touched objects. Similarly, salon, spa, and med-spa employees will be wary of coming in-contact with multiple guests and touching shared surfaces (including POS equipment). Your spa, salon, or medspa must prepare for these new realities with innovative solutions in short and long term reopening strategies.
Global brands like Amazon, Starbucks, and Uber provide excellent examples for how salons, spas, and med-spas may meet post-COVID expectations through the power of personal mobile devices. Customers interact with these brands through their mobile devices – Uber customers order, pay, and review rides all from their mobile phone. These experiences have not only become expected, they have become intuitive.
Empowers guests with greater control of healthy and safety
Zenoti elevates guest experiences by empowering customers to take control of their own sense of safety through the privacy of their personal devices, powered by your branded mobile app. From skipping front-desk lines to avoiding frequently touched surfaces, empowering guests to use their mobile devices enables customers to maintain social distancing and decrease contact with common objects whenever possible. Before you reopen, consider replacing conventional practices with seamless experiences controlled by guests that deliver on post-COVID expectations. Here’s how:
- Guests fill out digital forms – from intake forms to specialized service forms – before arriving for their appointments, preventing unnecessary touch of common surfaces like pens and clipboards!
- Guests text front desk staff or service providers of their arrival and wait in their vehicles or outside until they are ready to be seen, helping them maintain social distancing easily and conveniently.
- Geofencing technology allows guests check-in upon entrance via their mobile devices, no need for them to linger in waiting rooms.
- Self check-out options means guests can pay, tip, rate, and reviews from their mobile devices, allowing them avoid unnecessary interaction with front desk staff.
Enables employees to conveniently adhere to health and safety precautions
With Zenoti’s employee-facing mobile app, your salon, spa, or med-spa employees can streamline their day-to-day operations and eliminate all the unnecessary contact-points from the convenience of their mobile devices. Touchless digital solutions like self-check-in/out, receiving and responding to guest notifications, editing guest invoices, adding to the invoice and kicking-off payments reduce dependency on the front desk staff and provide a safer work environment. When you reopen your doors, enable employees to use personal mobile devices to interact with guests and boost your health and safety precautions. Here’s how:
- Guests are automatically sent relevant digital forms upon booking appointments – no need for employees to pass forms back-and-forth or engage in unnecessary interactions during check-in processes.
- Employees receive text messages on their personal devices alerting them that guests arrived and are waiting in their vehicles; employees can text back when they are ready to start appointments, maximizing social distancing impacts.
- Service providers receive instant notifications that guests have checked-in, reducing dependence on front desk staff and guests’ time spent lingering in waiting rooms.
- Updating guest invoices to include add-on services or products from service providers’ mobile devices eliminates the need for guests to wait in check-out lines to purchase add-ons – guests breeze through check-out, employees avoid commonly touched POS equipment.
- Service providers receive instant payment confirmations on their mobile devices, ensuring an effortless checkout process for guests and employees.
Reopening your doors requires a lot of considerations. But, perhaps the most effective solution to new challenges already exists: the power of personal mobile devices. Post COVID-19, deliver exceptional experiences, while spending less on other systems. Zenoti enables salons, spas, and medspa to effortlessly embrace a future where customers and employees interact with businesses through personal devices. Your salon, spa, or medspa gets the most out of post-COVID health and safety measures without expensive add-on hardware.
Learn more about using personal mobile devices when you reopen your doors.