Your Zenoti (formerly ManageMySpa) account is upgraded with the latest features on August 20th. Read on to find out what’s new in this upgrade.
Appointment Book & POS
New And Faster Appointment Book
We’ve made a number of improvements in our appointment book, with a much faster experience. Expect to see the following changes:
- 3x faster response time in the appointment book, whether you’re booking a new appointment, making updates or running reports
- Easily zoom in and out of the schedule
- Switch between the view that works for you – i.e. show service providers running across the top of the scheduler, or down the side
- One click to zoom the schedule so that all columns show in the screen.
- Print the day’s schedule
- Print an employee’s weekly schedule
If you’ve switched to the new appointment book and want to go back, the previous appointment book is just a click away.
To switch to the new appointment book, ensure you’re in the center level view, navigate to Admin > Centers > Settings > Appointment Book and change the Default Scheduler to “New (Beta)”.
Print Membership Balance On Receipts
Avoid misunderstandings and save front desk time by printing membership balances on each customer’s receipt. The balance is printed every time a customer makes a purchase or redeems a service against a membership.To enable this feature, ensure you’re at the center level, navigate to Admin > Centers > Settings > Invoice & Receipt and select the checkbox “Print membership credit balance on receipt”.
Print Receipts In Multiple Languages
Print receipts with item names in English as well as your local language. If your centers are located across different countries or regions, localize each center with different languages. To print items in the local language, ensure that you’re at the center level, navigate to Admin > Centers > Settings > Invoice & Receipt and select the checkbox “Print sale items in local language”. You will then need to choose the language for each center. To do this, navigate to Admin > Centers > General and select the language.
Advanced Search For Guests
Previously, you had the option of being able to search for guests at your center or across your entire network. For larger organization, you can now limit search to a geographic region or zone. For example, create a zone for “New York”. All centers in New York will be able to limit guest search for centers in New York, making search faster. To enable guest search across zones, ensure you’re in the organization view, navigate to Admin > Organizations > Settings > Appointment Book, select the checkbox “Search for guests across centers” and select “Zone”.
Avoid Creating Duplicate Guests
The system will allow you to create two guest profiles that use the same first name or phone number (in the case that two people share a phone). However, if you try to create a guest profile where one already exists with the same first name and phone number, the system will alert you in order to avoid creating a duplicate guest profile. The system will use your guest search settings (either across org or zone) to search for guest profiles when checking for duplicates.
Ensure Staff Enters Service Data
With Zenoti, you can create custom fields to capture important information if the general fields are not sufficient. For example, a package for slimming treatments might require you to capture weights before and after each session. The system shows an alert if the staff tries to bill the customer before entering the weights. To enable this feature, ensure you’re at the center level, navigate to Admin > Centers > Settings > Appointment Book and select the checkbox “Enforce mandatory service custom data entry before payment”.
Override Booking Restrictions
If you’re interested in booking appointments faster at some of your busy centers, you can avoid dealing with restrictions when a guest requests for a male, a female or a specific therapist. You can choose to disable warnings to the front desk in the following scenarios:
- When a guest requests for a specific therapist who is already booked, and you want to create an overlapping appointment for that therapist
- When a guest requests for a specific room which is already booked, and you want to create an overlapping appointment in the same room
- When a guest requests for a specific therapist or room, but you assign them to a different therapist or room
Your staff would need to be cautious of scheduling conflicts while assigning two appointments to a specific therapist or room at the same time.
To turn off these alerts, ensure you’re at the center level, navigate to Admin > Centers > Settings > Appointment Book and select the checkbox “Override booking restrictions”.
Remove Package And Membership Services From The Services Menu
If you have services that are offered only through packages and memberships, the system will hide these services in the menu. For example, you might never do just a hair wash, but always include in a package like a cut-wash-and blow dry package. This also applies to high value services that you are able to offer at reduced rates as part of a package or membership. If you were to sell a $100 service individually, you may not get many customers. But, if you can offer this same service at $60 within a membership that includes 5 of these services, your sales could rise remarkably. This feature enforces your staff to sell memberships and packages before selling specific services. To take a service off your menu, ensure you’re in the organization view, navigate to Admin > Services, choose the service you want to take off the list and in General tab uncheck the checkbox “Allow booking of this service”.
Limit Package Redemptions To Specific Hours
You now have the ability to create special packages that can be redeemed only during your non-peak hours. For example, you could sell a regular microdermabrasion package that allows customers to book their appointment during any of your business hours. And, create a second package with reduced pricing that restricts appointments to specific days and times, i.e. your non-peak hours. The system will restrict package redemptions to the times you define. To define timing restrictions for the packages, ensure you’re in the organization view, navigate to Admin > Packages > General tab. Enter the Start and End Booking Times for the package.
Sell More Packages On Credit
Now you can sell multiple packages on credit. Any payment done by your customer gets apportioned to each package based on its value. Make sure you collect the remaining amount from your customers when they visit next time and close this invoice.
Manage Recurring Memberships Effectively
When you sell a recurring membership, auto payments from your customers’ credit cards sometimes fail. In this case, you can flag the membership as “Cancelled”, “Suspended” or “Skipped”. You can check the status of each recurring membership in the Center Collections report for Recurring Memberships. To access this report, ensure you’re in the center view, navigate to Admin > Daily Reports and select the report – “Center Collections – Recurring Memberships”. To specify the number of attempts before changing the status of a membership, ensure you’re in the organization view, navigate to Admin > Organizations > Settings > Memberships and modify the settings for recurring payments.
Restrict How Much Discount Staff Can Give
Restrict how much of a discount staff can give based on their job. For example, allow managers the ability to award up to 20% off while a stylist might be able to award up to 10% off an invoice or service. You can also restrict maximum discounts by service. So, a manager might be able to give up to 25% off any facial, but only 15% on manicures and pedicures. To specify discount limits for each service at the job level, ensure you’re in the organization view, navigate to Employee > Jobs > General tab. Select “Service” for Discount Limit Source. Go to the Services tab and enter discount limits for each service or service category. The discount limits given at the job level apply to custom packages as well as regular billing in the POS. To define the maximum discount value for each job, ensure you are in the organization view, navigate to Employee > Jobs and select a Job. In the General tab, enter the discount value as a percentage in the Discount Limit textbox. The discount restrictions you apply for staff and by service do not apply to offers that are created in the Marketing tab.
Manually Adjust Discounts On The Total Bill Amount
With this release, you can apply a discount at the invoice level (rather than for an individual service). Here’s how it works:
- You specify the discount amount as a percentage
- The system will calculate the amount based on the net price (the total amount before taxes)
- The system distributes that discount amount equally between all items in the invoice that aren’t already discounted
- The tax amount is calculated based on the total amount with the discount.
To allow manual discounts, ensure that you’re in the organization view, navigate to Admin > Organizations > Settings > Invoice & Receipt and select the checkbox “Enable Discount On Invoice Amount”.
Automate Your Marketing With Always On Campaigns™
Set your marketing on auto-pilot. You set up campaigns once, things like service reminders, membership renewals or product refill reminders, and let the system trigger an email or SMS communication at exactly the right time to the right customer. Check out our infographic>
Contact sales to learn more.
More Options In Target Segments
In addition to over 120 options for creating customer segments, we’ve added a few more filtering options. You can now create target segments by:
- Referral source - For example, send a special offer to guests that came in once through Groupon and didn’t visit again in the last 3 months. Or, award your guests that have referred more than 5 people with bonus loyalty points.
- First visit time - This allows you to send a follow-up email or SMS after a first visit, follow-up with first time visitors that have not come back after 6 weeks.
Multiple check-ins and check-outs
The system will now track multiple check-ins and check-outs during any scheduled period. The attendance report will show each check-in and check-out time.
Reports & Analytics
We’ve added five new reports in this upgrade:
- Service Collections – This report shows a summary of collections from the sale of services
- Service Collection Details – This report shows collections from all payment methods for each service category and sub-category
- Product Collections – This report shows a summary of collections from the sale of products
- Product Collection Details – This report shows collections from all payment methods for each product category and sub-category
To access these reports, ensure you’re at the center level, navigate to Admin > Daily Reports and select these reports from the drop down menu.
- Invoice-Revenue Report – This report shows revenue collected in cash, and initial and monthly recognized revenue from memberships and packages for each invoice.
To access this report, ensure you’re at the center level, navigate to Admin > Revenue Reports and select the tabular report – Invoice.
- Payroll Report - This report has been updated with a column to show hours to be paid, which excludes break times between multiple check in and check out times
To access this report, ensure you're at the center level, navigate to Employee > Payroll and select a pay period for which you'd like to see the payroll report.
Analyze Your Staff Utilization For Peak And Non-Peak Hours
With time as a filter in Employee and Room Utilization reports, you can measure utilization for specific hours in a day. Analyze how your staff utilizes their time during peak and non-peak hours, along with utilization of each of your rooms. You can start allocating unutilized rooms during peak hours to increase their utilization. To access the Employee Utilization report, ensure you’re at the center level, navigate to Employee > Performance Reports and select the Utilization report. To access the Room Utilization report, ensure you’re at the center level, navigate to Admin > Miscellaneous reports and select the Room Utilization report. To filter the report for specific hours, choose “Custom” in the Date and Time filter of these reports and select the Start and End Time.
New Dashboards In Analytics
We’ve added three new dashboards in Analytics:
Feedback Dashboard: Analyze feedback from your customers and take action to improve quality of your services. Use this dashboard to
- Analyze feedback ratings from all your centers
- Filter ratings by zone, by center, by services or service categories, by gender, etc.
- Analyze your most and least recommended services
Membership Dashboard: Analyze your members’ activity and take action to increase your membership sales. Use this dashboard to
- Analyze membership sales over time
- Filter sales by center, by membership type, etc.
- Analyze member traffic at your centers
- Analyze the top products, services, packages and gift cards bought by your members
Sales Trends Dashboard: Analyze your sales trends and compare them with previous months to understand how your business is growing. Use this dashboard to
- Compare sales trends with previous month, same month of the previous year, previous quarter, same quarter of the previous year, etc.
- Filter sales by center, by services or category of services, by members, by new guests, etc.
Let Customers Redeem Gift Cards Online
Customers can book the appointment online and pay using gift card – it’s a quick, easy experience for your customers. Increase your gift card sales by promoting gift cards on your webstore. Use our free templates to create banners, pamphlets, tent cards etc. – contact support to receive your free Webstore & Mobile App Promotion Kit.
Better Support For Franchisees
If you’re a business that operates under a franchisee model, you need to keep track of where memberships, packages and gift cards are sold, and where those redemptions take place. Zenoti helps you manage revenue recognition and reconciliation of redemptions.
To learn more about the new features, contact our support team.