Mother’s Day is the perfect time to honor mom with a day of relaxation and pampering at the spa and salon. Here are four ways to amplify your Mother’s Day sales and put you ahead of the competition.
1. Mother’s Day Packages
Create special packages for Mother’s Day that provide both value and options for your customers. Some ideas to inspire you:
- Let customers pull together a package of 3 services from a list of 10 for $99. This allows you to control which services you can offer. And, structure the service list so that customers can choose 2 services from your most popular services, and choose the third from a selection of services that you either want to promote or that clients may not try otherwise.
- Consider making your special package available for the whole month of May!
- Use this opportunity to sell a mother-daughter experience with a special mother-daughter package.
2. Gift Cards
Gift cards are perfect for Mother’s Day. Some ideas to inspire your gift card campaign:
- Bundle a gift card with a retail product. With gift packaging, this becomes a convenient gift for your client to take home.
- Receive $20 off every $100 gift card purchase.
- Donate 10 percent of gift card sales during the month of May to a charity of your choice.
- Buy a gift card for mom and get a $5 gift card for you.
- Offer 20 percent off all gift card sales the Friday before Mother’s Day.
3. Give The Buyer Something Back
Encourage your clients to buy their Mother’s Day gift from you by giving them something back, for example:
- With a purchase of $50 or more on a retail gift, the buyer receives a gift (candles, nail polish, or lip balm) in return.
- For a $100 gift card purchase, the buyer receives a $15 pre-paid card back.
- For a $50 gift card purchase, the buyer receives triple the usual loyalty points.
- For purchase of a Mother's Day package, the buyer receive a $10 gift item.
Be creative with your free gifts and make them a fun incentive for your clients to purchase gifts for others (or themselves!) from you.
4. Spread the Word
You’ve planned ahead, your packages and promotions are defined, retail products ordered and your staff is ready for a full schedule. Now it’s time to let your clients and community know that you have the perfect Mother’s Day gift.To get the word out, you can:
- Send an email or text message with your promotions to existing clients.
- Post to your social media accounts weekly or even daily as the holiday nears.
- Advertise on Facebook and make use of their targeting features or simply “boost” a post.
- Set up a local advertisement on Living Social or Groupon (We’ve seen mixed reviews on this, so consider the pros and cons!).
- Advertise on local radio or TV spots.
- Update your phone greeting script so when clients call in the front-desk staff reminds them that you have that perfect Mother’s Day gift.
- Implement a Mother’s Day Wish List to drive repeat business and gift sales.
Our Pro Tip
Good design matters! That’s why we’ve created these beautiful Mother’s Day images for you to download for free. You can print them for your in-store promotions and use them for your website, emails and social media posts. Or just enjoy them as inspiration for creating your Mother’s Day-themed packages, gift cards and special offers.
People are looking for the perfect Mother’s Day gifts and your business has to stand out as the best gift option.It’s easy when you create the right mix of packages, incentives, retail and gift cards; use beautiful, unique images in your marketing and promotional materials and, get the word out with online and local promotions. Bring these elements together and amplify your Mother’s Day sales this year.