Our June upgrade includes many exciting enhancements. As always, our support team is available to provide more information, answer questions and take feedback.
A NEW LOOK
You’ll notice significant changes to our UI in the appointment book, admin screens and reports. Changes include a new color theme and fonts, which are intended to enhance the user experience. You will also notice some changes to the left side menu in the admin screen.
APPOINTMENT BOOK & POS
STRIPE INTEGRATION IS NOW SUPPORTED
Stripe is a payment gateway provider and now integrated with Zenoti. Using Stripe, you can store credit card details for payments made on location as well as online through the webstore. Stripe is available in 20 countries. If you’d like to learn more about Stripe as a payment gateway, please review the Stripe website and contact Zenoti support.
QUICKER METHOD TO ACCEPT OUTSTANDING PAYMENTS FROM A GUEST
If a guest has an outstanding payment, the front desk can quickly view open invoices and accept payments for any outstanding balance. At the time of a booking, the front desk is notified of an outstanding balance, can open the list of open invoices and take payment. If there are multiple open invoices, payments will be applied to the oldest invoice first.
FIND GUESTS BY EMAIL ADDRESS
Use the bottom panel in the appointment book to search for guests by email address.
SEE ROOM AVAILABILITY AT A GLANCE
In the appointment book, you can toggle between viewing the schedule by rooms or therapists. Now, you can see room assignments directly in the therapist view. A colored bar will appear on the right side of the block to indicate which room was assigned for a service.
To use this feature, you must first assign colors to rooms in the Admin dashboard, go to Resources > Spa Rooms > Room Name> Indicator
IDENTIFY ONLINE BOOKINGS
A new icon on the appointment book indicates if a booking was made online or through the customer mobile app.
UPDATE CUSTOM SERVICE TIMES AT THE JOB LEVEL
The time that a service takes to perform is defined at the service level. For example, you can assign the service “leg waxing” a service time of 45 minutes. When booking the service, the appointment block will reflect that duration of time.
If your senior providers can perform this service in 30 minutes, you can now update the custom service time at the job role of Senior Technician. Any service time defined at the job level will override the setting at the service level.
CAPTURE GIFT CARD RECIPIENT AND OCCASION IN POS
When selling a gift card, you can now capture the recipient’s name and the occasion. This information can be used for future, targeted marketing campaigns.
EASY SETUP OF BUY X, GET Y FREE PACKAGES
If you offer packages that follow the Buy X, Get Y Free format, you can now set these up directly as a package. You will no longer need to manually apply a discount, which makes check out faster and redemptions easier.
MORE CONTROL WITH HOW A SERIES PACKAGE IS REDEEMED
Zenoti currently considers a service in a package as redeemed as soon as that service is booked. For example, if you sold a hair removal package with 6 sittings, and booked the appointments out into the future, the package would be considered to be fully redeemed. This ensures that bookings are made only against available benefits. If a customer needs to change the date of a pre-booked appointment, you should move the existing appointment to the new date.
You now have the option of telling the system to consider a service redeemed from a package at the time of customer check out. This is useful if you simply want to create a new appointment rather than moving a pre-booked appointment.
MORE CONTROL WITH CUSTOM PACKAGES
If you’re using custom packages, you now have more control over what services can be included in the package. When creating the template for the custom package, you can define how many services the front desk must add in the custom package. Further, you can define rules for what each of those services should be.
For example, if you were to create a custom package template to be used for 3 body areas for laser hair removal, you can restrict that 2 of the 3 services be for small body areas and 1 be for a large body area.
MORE FLEXIBILITY WITH DAY PACKAGES
Day packages include multiple services that are pre-defined. Now, you can define a day package to include any category or sub-category of service, or services with a specific tag. TThe front desk can then choose the appropriate service.
For example, you can create a package that allows the front desk to choose from any 60 minute massage and any body scrub.
SELL MULTIPLE QUANTITIES OF THE SAME PACKAGES
You can now sell the same package multiple times in the same invoice.
COLLECT ESSENTIAL DATA ON CUSTOMERS
When selling a membership, you may want to require the front desk to verify existing guest data and collect additional information about the guest. For example, you can have the system prompt the front desk to verify or collect things like the guest’s email address, birthday, and address.
To enable this feature, go to Organization > Settings > Guests and select the checkbox “Block payment if required fields are missing when selling a membership “. You will then have to enable the same checkbox for each membership.
CHANGE THE START DATE OF A MEMBERSHIP
By default the start date of a membership is the same as the sale date. You can change the start date from the guest profile after the sale is made.
STOP COLLECTIONS EARLY ON A RECURRING MEMBERSHIP
If you move the expiry date to shorten the length of the membership duration, the system will prompt the front desk if the collections should be stopped at the new expiry date.
EASIER ACCESS TO CUSTOMER PAYMENT INFO
A new tab called Payments has been added in the guest profile. This screen consolidates all payments for services, memberships, retail, etc. into one screen.
CAPTURE BIRTHDAY WITHOUT THE YEAR
Don’t want to ask customers for their birth year? No problem, we’ve separated out the birthday fields so that you can capture just the month and day.
TRACK COMMISSIONS BASED ON RETAIL TO SALES RATIO
Define commission settings to track retail to service ratios. The retail to services ratio is the value of retail sales divided by the value of all services that the provider performs and expressed as a percentage.
For example, if a service provider performs $500 worth of services and sells $50 worth of retail for the day, she would have a 10% retail to service ratio.
As with all other commission settings, you can set up tier based commissions. For example, award 15% commission for a retail to services ratio up to 20%, and 20% in commissions when an employee exceeds 20% in retail sales.
VIEW EMPLOYEES BY ROLE IN THE EMPLOYEE SCHEDULER
You’ll now find two new drop-down boxes in the day, week and month views of the employee scheduler. These drop-downs allow you to filter the employee list by:
– Center – View only those employees that have the currently selected center as their primary center, view only those employees that have been deputed to this center, or both sets together
– Role – View all front desk employees at one time to make sure that the front desk is always covered. The same applies for other roles including managers, therapists, etc.
RESTRICT RESTOCKING OF RETURNED PRODUCT
You can restrict returned products from being restocked. By default, the system will consider returned products as part of retail stock.
WEBSTORE & MOBILE
CUSTOMIZE THE GIFT CARD EMAIL
Customize the email you want sent to the recipient of a gift card. You can do this from Organization > Email/Texts > Gift Card
ACCEPT DIFFERENT PAYMENT METHODS ON THE WEBSTORE
If you’re selling products on your webstore and enabled online booking, you can now offer different payment methods for the two. For example, take an online payment for any retail purchases and allow the customer to pay for services on location.
ENHANCED MOBILE APPS
We’ve enhanced the Manager and Employee Productivity Mobile App. You’ll see a cleaner UI and enhancements around security settings, guest notes, guest history and custom fields. Check out our 1 minute overview video of the Manager Productivity App >
We’ve added new Organization level reports and made enhancements to others:
- Liability Reports – Allows you to view outstanding liability against memberships, packages, loyalty points, pre-paid cards and gift cards. Accessed from the Admin dashboard and Accounting category
- Daily Targets Reports – A new report that enables you to see your performance against the day’s targets. Access this report from Admin > Daily Report > Center Targets –Summary and Center Targets – Details for the day
- Monthly Target Report – Enhanced to include performance against targets for business units. Access this report from Admin > Daily Reports > Center Targets –Summary and Center Targets – Details for the month
- Daily Summary Report has been enhanced to show the day’s sales, collections and register closures. Access this report from Admin > Reports > Daily Reports
- Payroll Report – Now shows Tips collected through each invoice. Access this from the Employee dashboard > Payroll
- Top Seller Report for Services and Products – enables you to see your best sellers by sales value for a specified time period. You can also see what combinations of other services and products sell most with any top seller. For example, you would see that shampoo and conditioner are a popular combination, as well as hair color and a specific shampoo. The report will also uncover less obvious relationships between services and other services and products. Access this from the Admin dashboard and Sales link.
- Room Utilization Report – Allows you to track the % of time that a room is utilized. Access from the Admin dashboard and Daily Reports at the center level.
- Room Revenue Report – Allows you to track the revenue generated by room. Access this report from the Admin dashboard and Daily Reports at the center level
Need help getting the most from these enhancements? Contact Support!