Valentine’s Day is the perfect holiday for spas and salons as gifts of beauty and wellness fit so well with our business. And, you get the additional opportunity to treat your customers extra special. While Valentine’s Day is only a single day, we think you can use the holiday to attract customers during the entire month of February. In this post, I’ve rounded up 9 ideas for you to create a special and more profitable Valentine’s month.
1. Sell Valentine’s Day Gift Cards – Start by placing flyers or posters in your spa or salon to advertise both your physical gift cards and online gift cards. And, reach your entire customer base by emailing them. You might consider running a gift card promotion – Buy a $100 gift card for your Valentine and get a $20 gift card for you for free!
With online gift cards, it’s so easy to sell gift cards to people beyond your own customer base. You can do this, for example, with Google AdWords Express, which is easy to set up and ties into Google Local and Google Maps, which ensures your ad features prominently in local searches. (Tip: List you spa or salon’s location in the ad!)
2. Target Men – Men in particular are big gift givers for Valentine’s, so be sure to target them! You might place flyers in gyms and pubs and remind them that a day at the spa or salon is exactly what the woman in their lives would love. You can even announce a special spa day or a day of pampering, or stick to gift cards.
Don’t forget to send out an email or text message one and two days before Valentine’s Day – eGift cards are the perfect last minute purchase! They’re easy and quick and who wouldn’t love receiving a day of beauty.
3. Gift Wrap Your Own Retail Products – You probably sell retail products that make for wonderful Valentine’s Day gifts. Gift wrap them in a Valentine’s Day theme wrapping or packaging, and make sure they are visible to customers and even people walking by your spa or salon.
You might even create special Valentine’s packages that combine a regular service with a retail product packaged as a Valentine’s gift.
4. Create A Sweetheart’s Package –A basic couple’s package might include a side-by-side massage. You can take a step further and give customers the option to customize their experience with special ‘Valentine’ add-ons that aren’t usually available. For example, allow customers to add strawberries, bubbly drinks or chocolates in their package.
5. Don’t Forget About Singles –Consider hosting an event or even offering special group packages designed for singles. For example, you could offer an “Anti-Valentine’s” day package. Whatever the spin, don’t lose out on this huge portion of the population.
6. Modify and Add New Treatments To Your Service Menu – Boost sales of your best selling treatments with a few Valentine themed updates. For example, swap the usual ingredients with things like strawberries, chocolate, champagne or roses.
You could even introduce new and limited time treatments like mud baths, couple body painting with healing mud or anything with a romantic touch.
7. Promote Special Offers –Create special packages, discounts or other value added services to drive business. Promote these using email, text messaging (SMS) and flyers – whatever works for you.
8. Give Customers Freebies – Customers love to be pampered and feel special when they come in for spa or salon treatments. We’ve seen some spas and salons giving away everything from a free red robe, chocolate body paint or even a single, wrapped chocolate as a gift for the customer. These help prolong that “loving feeling” they get in your spa or salon.
9. Create A Love Filled Ambience – Boost the romance quotient. For example, offer a free glass of champagne, chocolates or strawberries in the lobby or place roses and candles in treatment rooms.
Zenoti (formerly ManageMySpa) is spa and salon management software that helps you attract customers, build relationships and helps you manage your day-to-day operations. To learn more about how we can help you achieve real business results – request a demo.